Valtra SCR technology
The Valtra T Series engines employ e3 technology. E3 is an AGCO trademark for SCR - Selective Catalytic Reduction- technology.
SCR technology treats the downstream exhaust with the additive AdBlue, which breaks down into harmless nitrogen and water vapor. What’s more, e3 extends the lifespan of the engine, as it allows the AGCO Sisu Power engine to run cooler and more efficiently.
Valtra SCR facts
- Reduces nitrogen dioxide and particle emissions
- Reduces fuel consumption by up to 10 percent
- Prevents lubrication oil from getting dirty
- Improves combustion efficiency and reduces the engine’s heat load
- Eliminates the need for separate particle filter
- Eliminates the need to feed exhaust gases back into the engine
- AdBlue is a clean, colourless, synthetically produced solution that contains 67.5 percent water and 32.5 percent urea.
- AdBlue consumption is 0.3% to 5% of total consumption
- AdBlue is available from most service stations and Valtra service points
- AdBlue is stored in its own tank on the tractor
- The amount of AdBlue sprayed into the exhaust gases is electronically controlled
- AdBlue is sprayed into the exhaust gases in the exhaust pipe before the catalytic convertor